Wednesday, November 2, 2011

About accredited online colleges - associate's degree

Accredited Online Colleges - Associate's Degree?
I'm interested in starting back to school in the next six months. I'll likely be transitioning to a work-at-home situation with my current employer soon, and I'd like to multi-task with some online courses(light load to start, of course). I'm very good at that, and frankly I've tackled MUCH more intensive jobs than the one I'm doing now with great ease, so I'm not concerned about focus, etc. I'm interested in associates degrees in two fields: -Programming: C++, some 3D design work, and (if possible) an emphasis on physics-based programming(I would love to program the way that objects interact with eachother in games, etc) -or-(And yes, these are very different) -SOMETHING that would be a step towards professional counseling, I would be interested in specializing in helping couples who live 'alternative' lifestyles, as I have a lot of friends who have made these choices in their lives, and I've been personally affected by some myself. A lot of them come to me for help and advice with these relationships, and I think it might be rewarding to try and help people with these things for a living. I'll need to do all (or a very strong MOST) of this from home during the day. I don't mind if I occasionally have to go somewhere to take a test, etc; but it needs to be VERY infrequent, so that I can continue a full time job. I'm not interested in University of Phoenix, ITT Tech, or any other trade schools. I'm interested in real, accredited colleges, that won't kill me on costs(I'm not made of money, and I've got rent, car payments, insurance, etc to take care of at the same time.) Can someone suggest good paths to take for either of these degrees online? Again, no trade schools please!
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
An associate's degrees is not going to be able to help you in a path to professional counseling. However, I would suggest going to different school's websites because these days, most "real" colleges offer online programs. Indiana State University, Harrison College, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, and Ball State University all have online or distance independent learning programs. Google "colleges or universities" if you cannot think of enough and start looking at their sites for information on online programs
2 :
Dear , I will suggest you http://eeducation.freevar.com Best of luck
3 :
Firstly I want to mention that i admire the basis on which you selected counseling. I hardly hear of such decisions. Anyways to the point. An Associate's Degree is never going to be enough in either fields. For counseling, you need atleast a masters. You can check out Capella University and University of West Alabama. Talking about 3D design, regent university. Hope that helps. kevin