Monday, October 3, 2011

About Has anyone completed the paralegal associates degree program from sbbc

Has anyone completed the Paralegal Associates Degree Program from SBBC?
I am currently in the process of enrollment for the online program. I am having second thoughts about the credibility of the school and my degree. Will any law firm take me seriously? I cannot seem to find any feedback from former students who have taken this program. (Other than what the school's website has published.) I am a mother of three so the online aspect is very appealing, however, I don't want to waste my time, and more importantly, my money. Any suggestions?
Law & Legal - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Is it a totally online program? If it is, it is not ABA-approved. They do not approve online programs. I am entering a paralegal program this Fall. I have done a lot of research. Almost everything I read mentions that employers want an approved school. Even if you get hired by one that does not, if you want to move on, you may find employers that want the approval, so you are limiting your options. There are quite a few programs near me, but few that are approved. The one I chose is at my local community college. I have a BA, so I need to take 30 credits and do an internship. They also have an Associates for those without a BA, which is about 66 credits. My cost will be under 5,000 and that includes books. It will take me 2 years going part-time. I had found another school that was charging 14,000 and was not approved. It takes a year. This is an actual university and for people with BAs. The cost scared me, but the fact there was no approval led me to decide on the other school. So, it really can vary with costs and structure. I would not take one that is not approved. And I am not certain how law firms would feel about an online school. I will tell you what else I have found-they want experience above all else, so when you get out of school, you will have to start in an entry-level job. I think having an online degree will make it even harder, because you have had no contact. I will be working with several attorneys as my professors and I will have the internship. I would be very careful. Check out the schools near you. I am going at night. Good luck!
2 :
May be this site can help you http://www.sgpak.com